Again from delicious, June 2005. Keeps in a cake tin for 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. 10 slices at 314 cals per slice, but this is a treat so who cares. You can ring the changes with any kind of ready-to-eat dried sweet fruit like pineapple or apricots, and you could use lemon instead of lime.
- 125 ml sunflower oil plus extra for greasing
- 125 gms ready-to-eat dried mango
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 125 gms natural yoghourt (doesn't specify fat content)
- 175 gms golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 175 gms plain flour, sifted
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- 100 gms icing sugar
- 25 gms toasted coconut (flaked or dessicated)
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, grease and line a 900 gm loaf tin.
Snip the mango into pieces.
Mix half the lime zest, the yoghourt, sugar, oil, eggs, flour, baking powder and not quite all the mango – beat with a wooden spoon until just smooth.
Pour into the tin and bake 50 minutes or until the skewer is clean.
Turn out to cool on a rack.
Mix icing sugar with enough lime juice to make a thick but slightly runny icing. Drizzle over cake and top with the coconut, remaining lime zest and mango.