Back to the recipe library backlog … A Waitrose card for a salad, good at any time of year. Serves 4 at 412 cals per.
- 500 gms carrots, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsps white wine vinegar (unless you're using pickled or marinated beetroot, in which case miss it out)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 250 gms cooked beetroot, cut in chunks
- 2 x 100 gm packs goat's cheese, in chunks
- 20 gm pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Cook the carrot until tender. Toast the cumin seed, and mix with the vinegar, olive oil, and seasoning (salt and pepper, presumably). Coat the hot carrots in this mix and leave to cool to room temperature.
Peel the oranges and cut into chunks. Fold everything together and serve.
(I'd be tempted to marinate the cheese in with the carrots, and not add salt until I was sure it needed it – goat's cheese can be well salty. That's a lot of calories to say there's no bread with it, but the carrots and beetroot should keep it quite filling.)