I've always made this, I don't care if everyone thinks Delia invented cranberries, she can just sod off.
- Take a pack or box of cranberries.
- Put them in a saucepan and just cover with orange juice.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the berries pop.
- Sprinkle all over with sugar, stir it in.
- Simmer until it's all syrupy.
- Put in a bowl and serve hot or cold.
You can ring the changes with the liquid, although it needs some pectin / acid, and the amount and type of sugar, depending on how you like it. If you start with sugar in the liquid, the skins toughen and you will get whole berries in a thick jelly, which is fine if that's what you want, I prefer more of a jam. You can add shreds of orange peel, slivered nuts, whatever stuff takes your fancy.